Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mel Mel

Happy Birthday to my favorite cousin and my oldest friend!!!!


Yes, Ladies, today is Melanie's birthday. I won't say how young she is b/c my birthday is soon approaching and I wouldn't want her to return the favor, but today is her special day!!! Melanie is my absolute oldest friend....probably because she's my cousin and I've known her since....well since I was born.

Most of my fondest childhood memories involve Mel Mel. When I went to her house as a kid, we'd always pretend like we were long lost sisters that just stumbled upon one another and then became the best of friends. And she had the first huge slumber party that I ever attended, where we played "Girl Talk" all night long....yeah, you gals remember what I'm talking about, right!!!

Melanie was there for me on that dreaded "First Day of High School" where she sought me out at lunch time to make sure that I didn't have to eat alone. She drug me along with her older friends... and we both had our first and only experience with the "Athens night life" together...though she was of age, I was not and we both tasted beer for the first time and agreed - it SUCKS!!!!! We'll stick to Mountain Dew!!!!!

Melanie has been present for all of my major life events. My wedding day, the birth of my children, and she was right beside me day that I accepted Jesus Christ into my life! How can you go through so much with someone and really find the words to express how much they mean to you???? I dont' think you can, so I'll just have to say:

I love you, Melanie Kate Gravitt. God definitely must have "spent a little more time on you"! You're one of my best friends, and I love you so much. I hope that you have a wonderful birthday (even though it's almost over), and I can't wait for us to have a Mommy n' Me Birthday Celebration!!!!

Love you, Girl!!!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Sweet Post Bethany! What a special relationship y'all have.

Happy Belated Birthday Melanie! I enjoyed meeting you yesterday. I would have wished it to you in person if I had known! I do sort of remember yours and my birthdays being close together though...

Melanie said...

SERIOUSLY!!!! I am hysterically crying at my desk right this moment! I am just now reading it. Of course, I have loved every moment that you mentioned and the countless others that are all equally special. I love you babe and that Mt Dew that you brought to my house last night....Seriously...the best present ever!!!!!

Anonymous said...

How sweet. Sorry I am so late checking this out.