Sunday, August 10, 2008

We Interrupt This Regularly Scheduled Blog...

...to bring you a break from our long vacation post.....

Yeah, it took me so long to do the first few days...I just stopped. I will finish...for the sake of my online memory log, but I wanted to post some pics I've taken recently.
A few weeks ago I took the kiddos to the mall for a leisurely stroll. The kids did so great. The boys were in the stroller and the girls held hands and we window shopped at the hippest stores...Claire's, American Girl, Disney Store, and of course we played on the indoor play ground. Afterwards, we hit the food court for a quick snack...French Fries!!!! North Point Mall has these cool new tables for the kiddos. Aren't they so cute!!!!! (Who says 4 kids are too much to handle???)
After we returned from Vacation, we didn't really do anything exciting for the 4th of July. But we did go shopping to hit some sales with Daddy. And of course, the kids had to ride the carousel. (And no, we're not mall rats...it's just one of the only places I actually think to take out my camera.)


A couple of weeks ago, Jennica and I had dinner with one of our dearest friends. MANDY!!! We hadn't seen her in a year, (since Zachary was born, who was actually born on Mandy's birthday!!), so it was nice to see her and catch up. The three of us can always pick up right where we left off...even if it's been months since we talked. It's so amazing how true friendship can withstand time! I love you, Mandy, and we can't wait to see you soon. Good luck this week at your new school. We're thinking about you!!!!

Today we had a great day at church. Ms. April, our Children's Director, threw a Birthday Party for all of the children in the Children's Ministry. Complete with Ice cream, face painting, tattoos, a bounce house, and tons of fun music. I had my class (2 1/2 through 3) and they all loved it. Olivia was moving and grooving to the Camp Rock songs!!!

Here are Olivia and Zachary enjoying apples on the front porch. They are such sweethearts, and really have started playing so well...but we do have our share of fights. Today, Zachary kept hitting Olivia, and he had to have his first time out(s). Olivia must have been amused that her little brother was finally experiencing this Toddler Torture, so she kept tattle-tailing all afternoon. Finally, in my most loving (read: frustrated) mommy voice, I told her that I didn't want to hear any more tattle-tailing. She proceeded to march right over to her brother and say, "See Zachary, no more tattle-tailing or Mommy's going to put you back in time out!!!" I guess I'll have to sit her down and explain what tattle-tailing is.....

And my baby...who's not a baby any more. He's just growing up so fast. He's saying MaMa, DaDa, No, Night Night, That, More, and Bye-Bye. Night-Night is my absolute favorite thing to hear him say. He's just so precious when he's getting ready for bed!!!

Josh was out of town this whole weekend, so my good friend, Amy, came to keep us company yesterday. She and I had a great time catching up and playing with the kids. Olivia just loved Amy. She woke up yesterday and said, "When is Amy coming to play at my house???" Then last night, she said God Bless Amy before she even blessed me!!! And....she wanted Amy to help her get her Smiley Faces last night....I told Amy, that somehow she had really won Olivia over, because NO ONE does Smiley Faces for Olivia other than Mommy!!! We love you, Amy, and had a GREAT time yesterday. Can't wait to get together again!!!!!

Lastly, my neice and nephey start Kindergarden tommorrow!! Oh, I can't believe they are already going to school. It seems like just yesterday that we welcomed them into the world. And, their little bro is starting Pre-K....so it'll be a busy morning in the Gravitt household tomorrow. Good Luck, Hailee and Dakota!!! We know you'll love "Big School" and can't wait to hear all about it!!!!

To everyone out there tuning in to our blog, we pray God's Blessings on each of you!!!! Have a great week!!!!!

6 comments:

Caron said...

And she returns! Glad to see an update! It looks like you had a busy couple of weeks, so I'll let it slide just this once...LOL! The kids are getting so big! They are just adorable! Oh, BTW...I actually had the matching dress to Zachary's outfit and sold the pair at the last consignment sale!! Bummer!! I totally would have sent the set over for you if I had known.

Noah's mommy said...

Hey girl! I just love seeing your posts and new pictures of the kids. It's so funny...I put Jacob in the nursery at the church for the first time yesterday, and I kept wondering who the other little boy in there was...until I realized it was Zachary! He has grown up so much I didn't recognize him! What a cutie. Email me and let me know about possible picture dates. And I know I say this all the time, but I mean it...we have GOT to get together with all the kids sometime SOON!

jms said...

Hey! Your babies are getting so big = )

I have been meaning to get with you to return the swing. It was such a life saver and a blessing! Thank you sooo much!

He has gotten way too big for it and has not used it in about 2 months . . . boy do we miss it = )

Let me know when is good for y'all for us to drop it off.

Thanks!
Jessicasizemore@earthlink.net

Kelly G said...

Looks like you guys are having a great summer. Your kids are just growing like weeds! Before you know it, you'll be putting them on the buss wondering where the time went!! Hope all is well with you and Josh.

Kelly

Melanie said...

FINALLY!! Ok listen....before I even really comment.....I MUST HAVE one of those pics of Zach on the swing by himself! Oh my gosh he is totally my DOLL BABY!!!! Hee Hee! Love you and Miss you. Morgan had a GREAT day at school today on her very 1st day of Pre-K...I kinda might of....well ok, I promised her a trip to the pool if this behavior continued.....what do you say????

LOVE YA!!!

Andrea said...

Yay for a new post! Love those pictures of Zach and Livi eating apples on the swing.

How fun that you, Jennica, and Mandy had a girls night out. Its coming up on a year since I've seen you as well...we need to get together soon!