Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mommy N' Me: Day 3, Let the Sun Shine

Let the Sun Shine....and shine...and shine!!!

Day 3 and we're up early and ready for a boat ride. We decide to take a boat over to Shell Island. For those of you who don't know, Shell Island is just off shore of PC Beach, and it's nothing but beach. No restrooms, no trash cans, no anything other than beach! We were looking forward to a day of SUNSHINE!!!!

Ariel, oh, I mean Olivia, was ready for the beach in her mermaid best.


On the boat, I snapped this picture just before Olivia's hat was blown off by the wind. She and I dove at the same time -she over the edge of the boat to rescue her hat, me over the beach bag to rescue her! It was a close call, but we were able to save both her and her hat....whew! Zachary loved the boat ride too. We got to see several dolphins on our way too! And of course, we constantly kept our eye out for Nemo.

Shell Island did not disappoint. It was beautiful. If I hadn't had the kids, I could have stayed there all day. The boys headed straight for their sand toys. Zach loved the sand. It was one of his favorite things about the beach!


HMMMM, what do you suppose I could do with these two things!!!


Zach may have not known what to do with them, but Olivia and Aunti Lynn Lynn sure did. First we buried Olivia, but she flipped out,. and since she was actually enjoying the beach this time, I didn't press my luck on having her stay still long enough to get out the camera. But DJ was very cooperative and let us grab this shot before he turned into the HULK and broke free!!!


One pic of the three of us on the beach. Do you know how hard it is taking 4 kids to the beach and trying to get pictures!!! I don't think we ever got any where everyone was looking!! But it was all worth it. Sitting on the beach with both of my kids was the greatest feeling I've had in a while. It's what being a mom is all about!!! Creating memories!


BFF!!! These two are too cute! They were playing in the "Baby Water"....that's the water that doesn't cover their feet!!! One of the only ways we could convince Olivia that it would be okay to actually be in the ocean.


But she did come around and start enjoying herself, and my fear of being the only sun-lover in the family started to subside. But meanwhile back at camp.....


Zachary was all tuckered out!!! I rigged up two chairs and a towel to create some shade for him. He slept for about an hour while the other two kids played! Boy, it's hard being a boy!


And even harder to wake up on the BEACH!!! What the heck, Mommy. Where's my blanket? Where's my crib....where am I at??? Let's just say that Little Zachary didn't wake up in the best of moods, but he did eventually come around.


Still in the water!!! What a little model!!!!


What's going to work? Team Work!!!


We headed back on the next boat back to our resort and let four very tired gets get some rest. We were very fortunate that all of them stayed somewhat on schedule while we were away, and they all had naps every day!!! After nap time we decided to head out for an afternoon of fun, only to find......

Yes, Those are my kids in the car and a huge crack in my windshield. WHAT!!! We had been inside for a few hours and come out to find this. I was convinced that some kids had thrown something off the balcony or had smashed the window with something....I was livid!!! But one hour and one cocky cop later, it was determined that golf-ball-gone-wild had smashed my window.....I officially hate golfers....especially bad ones!!!!


But the night went on and after having dinner out, we went to a little amusement park. The kids were tired so we didn't do much - just enough to tire them out! Here's the Haskell family waiting to buy tickets.


And Mommy with her Princess!!! Oh, isn't she the cutest thing I've ever seen!!!!


And let us not forget about Master Zachary!!! He was such a doll in his little outfit that night. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of him alone!!!


Amber was zooming around on the big race cars. Olivia and I had hoped to give her a run for her money, but my pip-squeak was about a half an inch too short to be a passenger! Too bad....but we'll get you next year, Amber!!!!

The airplanes were the first ride for the little ones. At the last minute, DJ got upset, so he decided to cheer Livi on while she zoomed around the park.


Can you tell that her Grandfather and Great-grandfather were pilots!!! She's a born natural!!!!

This ended up being a LATE night for us. When we got home, half of the resort was without power. We're still not sure what happened...some golfer with a bad swing probably busted a transfuser or something. Our unit wasn't affected - thank God, so we headed straight to bed awaiting what Day 4 would bring!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what great pics Bethany! now i wanna go to the beach!

Have a great week, girl! :)

Mel said...

These stories remind me of the 5 weeks that summer that we spent at the beach with those 4 kids :-) Sounds like this time was a little easier...we did have fun though!

Caron said...

What a fun trip! You two are some brave gals to take the kiddos alone! I'm major impressed~ I don't think I could have done it! Glad you had fun!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip! I can not wait to head to the beach. It is so hard traveling with the kids but in a few years they will not even act like they know us so we better soak it up while we can.