Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mommy n' Me Beach Trip: Day 2

Day #2: From Gray Clouds to Sunny Skies!!!


Day #2 brought gray clouds early in the morning. Just as we reached the pool with all of our kids and gear in tow, the storm of the season ensued. We grabbed all of our stuff and our 4 very upset kids and ran for cover. We overheard another guest mention the Indoor Pool...so we were off!!! Soothing the kids and promising pool time, we walked to the next building where we found one VERY crowded indoor swimming pool. We didn't get any shots of the pool, partly because it was too crowded, but mainly because our kids hit the jacuzzi and didn't want to get out. Yes, Jenn and I checked the water first and it was like really warm bath water, so we let the kids have fun! The loved it.

Olivia - of course - was doing back flips on the handle bars. DJ is - of course - all smiles. Amber was being a great sport about helping with the kids, and Zach...well I think Jennica was holding him. They played in the jacuzzi for ever....until Mommy ready the Warning Sign:

Warning: No kids under 12 allowed. Use caution. Enjoy in 10 minute increments.

Yeah....should have ready that before we got in. Oh, well. They seemed fine...

Can't you tell from this darling face that no harm was done in the warm jacuzzi water!!! Within an hour, the sun was back out and the outdoor pools were calling our names....wait...it was more like our 4 kids were screaming, "Outside Pools, Outside Pools!!!!" DJ loved the swim ring. He was moving around like crazy in the water!!! He is all boy - completely fearless!!!!

Olivia, donned in her swimmies and her swim ring, was right in her element. No waves, no sand, and lots of water!!!! She is a pool girl!!! She kept saying, Don't touch me, Mommy." She wanted to swim with Amber like a "Big Girl"!!! Oh, they grow up so fast!!! And Little Man was off looking for sticks. Yes, my boy loves to play in the dirt. He collected rocks and bark and held on to them all afternoon. In fact, he had this one rock that was his treasure. He held it so tightly that I couldn't pry it from his hand! More on the Rock to come! After a ton of playing, the kiddos decide that it's time to take a break. How cute are they!!! Oh, I swear I could just eat them up!!! They really are "Best Friends" as Olivia would say! More like brother and sister!!!

After a brief rest, we decided to walk out on the pier and visit the bay. It was a great walk. The beach out there had lots of little Jelly Fish, so we didn't stay out there too long. On our way back, holding on to all of the kids for dear life because there was nothing preventing them from running right off the pier into the bay, we kept seeing the "blobs" in the water. Well, Jennica thought that they were jelly fish, I thought that they were craters.

"They're Jelly Fish" she insists.

"They're too big to be Jelly Fish" I say.

"Throw something down there and see." she says...she thinks she's so smart....

So, I did what anyone would do to prove that I'm right. I pried that little rock right out of my son's hand and threw it as hard as I could into that "blob". "

"See, I told you it was a crater!" (I love it when I'm right!)

"Wahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!", said Zach. Geeze son, it's just a rock!!!

On the walk back I tried to be all artistic but fell short. All I can say is it's hard to capture a shot when you're holding a 12 month old, a beach bag, and trying to make sure that you're 2 year old doesn't dive in head first while she's screaming, "I see NEMO....and Dori!!!!" Finally, back to the condo for some lunch. While Jenn and I made sandwiches in record time, the kiddos dug into a bowl of grapes. Nothing more refreshing after a day in the sun!!!!

1 comment:

Kelly G said...

Hey Bethany, Josh gave me this link through facebook. Your kids are so precious! Looks like you all had a great time at the beach. Hope all is well with you and Josh!

Love,
Kelly Anderson Gray