Saturday, January 24, 2009

Me and My Bubba

I love my little brother so much. I can always make him laugh, and he loves to play with me. I teach him how to build cool stuff with legos and how to have a tea party (but he has to use the blue plates, and I use the pink.)
My baby brother is one of my best friends.




The two kiddos really are best friends. I'm so glad that we had them close together. Watching them play together is so much fun. Olivia is the best big sister. She ALWAYS watches out for her brother. She always puts her little hand on his back and gently leads him where ever she wants him to go. And he is crazy about his sister. He loves playing in her room and joining in to her make believe games. I hope that they will always be close.
I also have a story that goes along with these pics that I have to share. Zachary is sick in these photos. Aside from his rosey cheeks, he went to the doctor earlier this morning and was diagnosed with an ear infection. Luckily Daddy was home today, and he was able to get the kids ready for the appointment and I met them at the pediatrician's office.
I got out of the car to greet my prince and princess, only to find both of them dressed like homeless children. Zachary was wearing exactly what he has on in these photos and Olivia was wearing blue pants, a red velvet shirt, and purple crocs!!! As soon as I saw them, I flipped out. What was my husband thinking?
I hate to admit this, but I was so embarrassed by what they were wearing, I simply couldn't go in to the appointment with them. Yes - that's right. I abandoned my sick child to save myself from the embarrassment of taking them into the doctor's office looking like that. So, Olivia and I went to Target to buy new outfits while Daddy took his orphan-dressed child into the appointment.
Yes, Josh is color blind. I do have to help him with his work clothes almost every day. There have been times that he's come home wearing gray pants and a brown shirt. So, he really means well when he tried to dress them, but it was still a disaster. Now, I lay out their clothes BEFORE I leave for work!!!!

No comments: