Saturday, January 24, 2009

UMMMMM Coookie!!

What a yucky face!!! My little man found a treat that he loves over the holidays. Gingerbread Men!! Uncle Stewart sent two containers of home made cookies, and Zach's favorite were the gingerbread men.

Well, Olivia made her very own Gingerbread Man at school. It was a present for Mommy and Daddy! Well, one night after Christmas, this delicious little Gingerbread Man was too enticing to resist and.....



Yep, Zach ate the foot off of Olivia's Gingerbread Man ornament. After taking a big ol' bite, he came running over to me wiping his tongue with his hands. I wasn't sure if it just tasted bad or if it was burning his mouth. So, I did what any concerned mother would do - I called Poison Control.

When the lady asked me why I was calling, I couldn't help but giggle when I told her that my 18 month old ate the leg off of a Gingerbread Man ornament. Luckily, she giggled too. After going over a list of possible things that the ornament could have been made of, we concluded that if it was made in a 2-year old preschool class, it couldn't contain anything harmful.

I did decided to call Olivia's teacher just to be on the safe side, and we were right. The ornament was made of only the finest ingredients: Applesauce, Cinnamon, and GLUE. Perfectly harmless, but not exactly tasty - especially compared to Uncle Stewart's cookies.

Moral of the Story - Don't put ornaments that look like yummy cookies within the reach of a hungry 18 month old!!

5 comments:

Tara said...

That story is so funny! I love all of your recent posts and pictures!

The Partins said...

That is hilarious! Now you have the Gingy from Shrek. haha. can't wait to see you again at the shower!!

Anonymous said...

How did I miss that story?????

Amanda said...

This is too darn cute! That is how I make gingerbread ornaments with my kiddos at school. I love the face he was making. I can't believe how big he is! Was Olivia upset about her ornament?

jennifer said...

hey! i just found your blog!! Glad you guys are well, your kids are adorable!!! tell josh hello for us!