Saturday, August 4, 2007

Fun in the Sun

HOT GAM it's Another Beautiful Day in Timberline

I know some of you have been singing the rainy day blues, but we've had wonderful weather in our neck of the woods. An occational late day shower, but the mornings and early afternoons have just been beautiful. Since we're doing the whole Potty Training thing with Olivia, we decided to stay in this weekend so we'd be close to Mr. Potty. So what do you do with the kids on a HOT August day at home??? Easy - you break out every water toy you've ever bought. We had the water table, the water fall, 3 sprinklers, and of course, the Giraffe pool that spits on you!
After experimenting with two sprinklers that were outta control, we finally found one tame enough for the little ones. This was a big hit at Mel's house with Morgan, so we invested $5 in one of our own - and what 'da ya know, it's a HIT!!! Olivia and DJ must have been thirsty because as soon as the first sprinkle of water emerged, they were both drinking it up like crazy!

But don't think that they didn't make the rounds. They hit every toy out there! Here is Olivia and DJ playing at the water table. Y'all, I have to tell you. When I saw this on Angela's blog, I had my doubts, but after two trips to Toys R Us contemplating this buy, I finally gave it and it's been the best summer toy I could have purchased. We keep in on the front porch (in the shade) so that Olivia can play and I can swing with Zach. She loves it...in fact, she sits in it! We even figured out that you can keep the water clean by covering it with a grill cover! So really, it's a summer must have! Pick one up while they're still out.
Here the two little devils are playing in the pool. Let me tell you, this pool is neat. I loved it, but Olivia was frightened to heck the first time we filled it up. You see, you hook the hose to the Giraffe and it's supposed to squirt water out of it's mouth onto the slide so that it's easier for the little tykes to slide down - oh but no...it's not a gental mist. This Giraffe spews water all over the place...and it is a bit creepy. So, we forgo the hose and just let the kids play. They like it that way.
Ah, finally a break. Kristina and Olivia sit under the umbrella shade and munch on some Goldfish. What a life! Water toys and junk food. What more can a girl ask for???

After the sun went down and water toys were retired, we cooked hamburgers and Olivia joined the rodeo. Y'all, my dear Granny got this for Olivia - and she LOVES it. It's sweet because my Granny is 87 years old and has just recently fallen in love with Olivia. I'm not sure why it came on so suddenly, but every time we go to see her, she's gotten Olivia something special. The last time it was this rocking horse. As you can see, Olivia's tearn' it up. She was rocking that thing so hard, she almost threw herself off the back. After staying on that stallion for more than 4 minutes, she beat the record for Toddler Riding Rocking Horse. She took home the gold Cow Girl Hat!

I hope everyone's day was as sunny and hot as ours. We can't wait to do it all over again tomorrow. And for all of those who care, we're still racing for success in the Potty arena. Olivia tells us every time she pee pees in her panties....but she does it after the fact. We had a half success today. She started peeing in the bathroom floor. I only had time to jerk her panties down and get about a teaspoon of pee in the potty. The rest was in her shoe and on the floor. Heck - we gave rewards for that teaspoon full of pee pee. I've got bags full of goodies and wanted her to know what she could get if she actually did it in the toilet.

So, if anyone has any PT advise - I'm all ears.

9 comments:

Melanie said...

I gots no advice for ya girl. Ya know I almost tore my hair out trying to get Morgie potty-trained! Who needs White Water?!?!?! Looks like you had your own little water park in your front yard! Wish we could have made it.

Angela said...

Glad you broke down and got the water table. I have not seen a toddler yet that does like like those things. Looks like you had a great day.

Tara said...

What an amazing set up with all of the water toys. That's definitely a girl's dream come true. Good luck with the potty training!

Anonymous said...

oh, i gots all kinds of potty training advice for you, girl!! i can recommend some great books. hehe. :) you know how hard it was for me...just look back at months feb and march of my blog. not good. ;) but i have always heard that girls are much easier than boys. anyways, i want that water table too!! i have wanted it since i saw angela's. it's a great purchase. that looks like a blast of a day you had! love the pic of Livi on her horsie. her expression is awesome!

The Partins said...

First off...no more pics of Jennica looking all skinny. :-)

Secondly, I need a complete listing of all suitable water toys for a 9 month old, as Jamie will be that age come summer next year and I will be the one buying her something she can't use until she is 3 because I want to play with it. ha-ha.

Thirdly, When you figure out potty training, I want a complete file that I can refer to when it is Jamie's turn.

Andrea said...

Great idea to stay at home on your first weekend of potty training.

We went to a get together and someone brought their water table. David loved it, but he ended up soaking himself. I brought another outfit but not another pair of socks and shoes-oh well-he was happy to run around barefoot the rest of the evening.

Keep us updated on any and every potty training secret!

Andrea said...

^that was supposed to say we went to a get together *yesterday* D'oh!

Love the title of this post-HOT GAM is right!

Chris said...

I want to come play! What an awesome set up. That rocking horsey pic is a hoot! She was having a blast!

All My Love said...

YOU CAN DO IT!! :)