Thursday, August 16, 2007

These Are The Days

Ladies & Gentlemen, may I present, Miss Olivia Preston on the High Beam!!!!!

Last week Olivia and I started a "Mommy & Me" Gymnastics class. It's every Thursday night from 6:00 - 6:45, and those 45 minutes are one of the highlights of our week! We have so much fun, and I'm amazed at what Olivia can do. It's hard not to help every step of the way, but she
wants to be so independent that I have to just stand back and let her go!

Her teacher's name is Miss Haley, and we love her!!! She's young and fun and has just the right balance of structure and flexibility. Here's she's helping Olivia on the bar. This is Olivia's favorite thing to do. She holds on and we let go and she just swings herself until she can't hold on anymore!! It's so great!!!
We love the ladder too, but right now she doesn't quite get the complete idea. She holds on with her hands, but her feet are still on the mat!! Oh well, she'll get it soon! She did go all the way across the beam tonight without my help. I was in shock!!! She's got a lot more coordination than Mommy, that's for sure.

So, as soon as class was over, we walked out and she said, "Pee Pee." We went to the potty.....and she went all by herself!!!! Y'all, this potty training thing is all working out. She only had one accident today, and that was after she woke up from her nap!!! She's even gotten up dry the past two nights and gone Pee Pee in the potty first thing in the morning. By golly, I think she's got it!!! I'm just so proud of her.

I had to include this picture...well because they are both naked! That's the problem with taking pictures in my house. Half the family is usually not decent for photos! Olivia was running around in her big girl panties, and Daddy didn't have a shirt on!!! But aren't they just the cutest!!!

And let us not forget to update on our Little Man. Zachary is really the BEST baby in the world. He's growing so fast, and he's so alert. He's cooing and smiling like crazy, and I think that he has a crush on his Auntie Lynn Lynn!!! I can't remember if I've updated since his 2 month check-up, but he's doing great. He did get very cranky and sore after his 5 shots. Yes...I said 5!!!! But other than that, he's got a clear bill of health.

We're just so blessed in so many ways. Do any of you ever just take a step back and look at your life and wonder what you did to deserve such blessings??? I ask myself every day why God thinks I'm worthy of such happiness...and I thank Him every day for my beautiful family.

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh that is the best photo of Josh and Livi-as Josh would say "you captured the emotion" ; )

I started gymnastics at 2 years old and I LOVED it so much I stuck with it for 10 years. It is so great you and livi get to have some mom and daughter time while Olivia gets to exercise and have fun!

Tara said...

That's great that you are taking a class together! That sounds like a lot of fun. Those are great pictures and I echo your sentiment. A wondeful family with a happy child(ren) is the best! Great pictures too.

Anonymous said...

how cute is miss haley!? oh, to be that young again. hehe. :)
Love all your pictures, bethany. you have 2 beautiful children. so happy that the potty training is going so well! i tell ya, the gals catch on much faster than the boys do.:)

Chris said...

Congrats on the potty training! That's fantastic, she is doing so well. I hope you enjoy the gym class together. Who knows where it will lead for her!

The Partins said...

I can't wait to do fun things like that with Jamie! What a good mommy you are. And kudos on the potty training. You have to tell me what works.

Amanda said...

How precious! I bet the class is a blast! that is so good for her! :) Good job on the potty training! Want to borrow D and potty train him when he gets ready?!? LOL!

The Partins said...

Thanks for the advice on the furniture!!!! :-)

Caron said...

Hi Bethany! LOL at your comment about hunting season... so true, isn't it?!?! If it's not deer, it's doves, or turkeys, or ducks! HA!! Your kids are just beautiful... isn't it great having one of each? So different, and yet so awesome to see the relationship they share! How's potty training? Don't get discouraged... she'll get it in her own time. Thanks again for your sweet comments!

The Partins said...

Thanks for the advice on unpacking Jamie's furniture... it was VERY stainy smelling!!!

angiemac said...

OK, it's definitely time for another update ...